Monday, May 16, 2011

Days Like This

Today was one of those days. We've all had them so I'm sure you can relate on some level. I let the forecast really bother me today. It's gray, cold and rainy and will be ALL WEEK LONG. Except for Saturday when it will just be gray and cold so that we can go sit at Brandon's baseball game for no less than 3 solid hours. See why I need to be grateful today? I need to remind myself that "as long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible" Thanks Ann VosKamp. I love her! :)

Side note: My husband just came in the room and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was writing a post for my blog and he goes, "You have one? Since when?" Then I said, "Yes, since last June." SWEET COMMUNICATION. Hi Bryan, nice to meet you. LOL

ANYWAY...

#179-203

rain everyday this week
long days at home
uneasiness
fear
freezing cold baseball games
Lia turning 3
meaningful friendships
enjoying my role at home
leaving notes in my husband's lunchbox
new music thanks to an itunes gift card from my brother Mike & Brianna
Homemade cards from my boys
Amazon box containing 5 new books (my Mother's Day gift)
both boys not eating dinner tonight
SALLY CLARKSON
Courtney Joseph
reading to the boys before bed tonight
playing chutes and ladders-SuperHero Squard Edition
having dinner ready when Bryan gets home from the office
phone calls with Beth
dying to self
new ways of doing things
returning a purchase that was an impulsive one
summer book club (The Ministry of Motherhood)
weeping cherry tree that we are going to plant
good intentions

Praise the Lord that tomorrow is a new day. Rain or shine and I get to choose my attitude. Thanks to the VeggieTales Devotional For Boys for pointing that out to me tonight as I was putting the boys to bed. It's my choice. Lord, help me choose well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa!

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. LOVED this post. It's so true - it's all about attitude, isn't it!? My mood is always affected by the grey days too...

    ReplyDelete