175 Days of School have come and gone. Can I get an Amen?
So here we are now experiencing summer vacation. YAY! It's a cool 72 degrees outside....but this is all new to me. Not the weather, ok, well maybe, since I live in New England but still. This summer vacation thing is brand new. I haven't had a "real" summer vacation since I was a teenager. This is my first summer without a job and having my kids home with me. What a year it's been. So thankful for grace. I'd be lost without it. I find myself a little nervous for the summer. We are once again down to one car and I'm not sure what to do with all my time. I was journaling on Thursday asking the Lord to help me use my time wisely. To be a good steward of the moments that I can never ever get back. I need to start each day with that thought in mind and remember His grace that is new every morning.
317. A walk on the beach
318. Crashing waves
319. The sun glimmering on the water
320. Spending time with my only brother and his lovely fiancee Brianna
321. Birds chirping in the early morning
322. Early morning walks
323. My new haircut
324. The last day of school
325. Summer vacation
326. Potty accident-after a week of being accident free :)I know he can do it!
327. Watching Brandon play baseball with such enthusiasm
328. Being haunted by God (thanks to Oswald Chambers):)
329. Repenting of worry, self-reliance, self-sufficieny and pride
330. Truly trusting God
331. Life hidden with Christ in God
332. Soul dwelling at ease
333. Abiding companionship of God
334. Book: Glimpse of Grace by Mary Forsythe
335. Not being lazy or procrastinating this summer
336. Doing the dishes even when I'd rather leave them for the next day
337. Jordan's nap
338. A hot shower after a long day
339. Reading a good book in bed after hot shower
"Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart." Psalm 119:111 ESV
Lord, you are the joy of my heart. I know you are with me and I'm never alone. I love you for that.