Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Profound

Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church posted this on Twitter:

"If God is first in your life, EVERYTHING will come into order. If God is not first, NOTHING will come into order."

It stopped me dead in my tracks. This has been my hearts cry for years now, that I would allow God to have first place in my life. Sadly, I haven't always given Him His rightful place and the signs of it are evident in my life. I know that God in His steadfast love will cover me with His grace as I make the changes necessary in my life to give Him first place; that is what I want to do.

On Sunday at church we read 2 Corinthians 8:5, "and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the LORD and then by the will of God to us." Pastor Jeff said, "Give yourself first to God. Nothing happens until we get this part right."

I have prayed this morning and repented of how easily I give other people and things first place in my life. I have thanked God for giving me a new heart and for the grace to cover my sin and shame. I know that He is faithful to forgive and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I desire to live my life with God in first place because then I don't have to struggle on how I'm going to get it all done in my own strength. It's not about me! Amen to that!

Finally, I just wanted to be real. I have these wonderful books I am SUPPOSED to be reading each morning during my time with the LORD before I start my day. However, I have been sleeping in and just jumping right in and giving into the tyranny of the urgent. Lord, help me. I have to stop hitting the snooze button for 2 hours. I NEVER hit the snooze button until after I had my children. I am so thankful that tomorrow is a new day and with the Lord's help I can get up and meet with Him. I want that in my life so that I can be a beautiful reflection of Him to those around me.

Morning Devotionals:

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
God's Heart for You by Holley Gerth
The Valley of Vision A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions
Praying God's Word by Beth Moore
Devotions for Homeschool Moms by Jackie Wellwood

I have these books along with my Bible and my journals ready and waiting for my morning meeting with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Thankful for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment