Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Lions' Den



I'm currently working on week 6 of my Beth Moore Bible Study of the Book of Daniel. This week we learned about the story of Daniel in the Lions' Den. Can I just say how right Beth is when she says, "This isn't a "cute" Sunday School lesson." She showed pictures of and read crazy stories about lions and what they can do. I don't keep scary pictures of lions on hand to one put in my blog but my sons have a toy lion and so that is who you see in these pictures. Scary little thing, isn't it? NOT! :)

1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." We learned in class that we live in a lions' den and must know the Word of God because it is our sword. It is our only offensive weapon against our enemy. "What do we know?" We default to what we know; that is why we need to know the Word."-Beth Moore.



In closing, I just wanted to provide an excerpt from the listening guide regarding how we can react in an emergency.

1. We can panic. (Doing the wrong thing)
2. We can become paralyzed. (We do NO thing)
3. We can pray. (We do the power thing)

Psalm 55:16-18 "But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me."

Daniel 6:22 "My God sent His angel to shut the lions' mouth, and they have not harmed me, because I was found blameless before him; and also before you, O king, I have done no harm."

Just like for Daniel in the lions' den, He can do that for me. He can shut the mouths of the lions' on my behalf and allow me to escape unharmed. We serve a great, big God who can do anything. He IS the Lion of Judah!

No comments:

Post a Comment